Three D Graphics
ProductsOnline StoreProduct SupportMessage BoardDownloadsCompanyContact Us
Financial Analysis ToolsEnterprise Solutions Product Support

Testimonials"
206 posts from 596 users

[ Admin ]   [ Mod ]
trouble using @SC with formula fields
Three D Graphics Forum Index » CRChart Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
TKeen

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:02 pm    Post subject: trouble using @SC with formula fields Reply with quote

I have a bar chart that I am trying to use @SC on. The chart shows weekly sums for three weeks for each location. When I use @SC and "hard code" the values everything is OK. If I create two formula fields (Min, Max) and set them to static values (0, 100), add them to them to the Chart Expert - Data Tab - Show Values area, and use @SC P1 P2 in the Footnote area my data changes entirely and the scale remains the same.

Any ideas?
TDGMgr

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you send me a sample .rpt (saved WITH data so I can see Preview tab)??
Be sure to tell me which version of CR you use (9,10,11,11.5,12).

Thanks

Last edited by TDGMgr on Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:52 am; edited 1 time in total
TKeen

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:27 pm    Post subject: trouble using @SC with formula fields Reply with quote

Thanks for the fast response.

A copy has been sent. I'm using CR 2008.
MKAmaintco

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:12 am    Post subject: same here.. Reply with quote

Hello,

were you able to resolve this issue?
We're having the same problem. If using a bar chart where the @SC parameters are formula values, the report designer (CR2008) complains that the formulas added to the "show values" list may not yield desired results and offers to convert to another graph type.
We tried calling the @param_fixup macro already. This solves the problem only partially. During runtime, the default values for the params are now correctly filled, but the axis never scales correctly, and it seems the data set is not applied correctly to the chart.

Any thoughts on how to fix this behaviour?
TDGMgr

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The warning can be ignored - but the incorrect data obvious needs to be fixed.

Can you send me a sample .rpt (saved WITH data)?
I'll take a peek in the debugger and see what is going on.

Thanks
Page 1 of 1