Three D Graphics
ProductsOnline StoreProduct SupportMessage BoardDownloadsCompanyContact Us
Financial Analysis ToolsEnterprise Solutions Product Support

Testimonials"
206 posts from 595 users

[ Admin ]   [ Mod ]
User Defined Data Markers on charts
Three D Graphics Forum Index » CRChart Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
vijayasimhakr

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:40 pm    Post subject: User Defined Data Markers on charts Reply with quote

Hi

I have a special charting requirement. I need mark few data points with user defined annotations on a crystal report chart. there will be maximum 5 annotations per chart.

The marker data point and annoations will be stored on in a different table. on these datapoints on the graph I need to show user defined annotations.

I tried using user-defined marker, but it has few limitations.

1. the marker position is fixed to design time.
2. I cannot link marker to be shown on a datapoint. there is no way I can pass data point to marker.
3. I cannot pass an data field to marker text.

Could anybody help and let me know, if there is solution exists using the macros

thanks
vijay
TDGMgr

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Vijay,

You should be able to postion our UserMarkers at runtime using the concept of "parameter substitution" as noted here:

http://www.threedgraphics.com/tdg/products/tools/crchart/html_docs/docs/parameter_substitution.htm

But your case might still be more complex. It might be worthwhile for you to send a n example image and/or .rpt to us at crchart@threedgraphics.com so we can take a closer look to figure out if "out of the box" CRChart or a custom version of CRChart might be able to help.
CrisB

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Same need for user-defined notations in place of data labels Reply with quote

Our users would also like the ability to display annotations at the end of certain bars in a chart, especially if the bar value is zero.

The notation is typically in the same position that a data label on the outside of a bar would be, and we don't normally display data labels, so having a dynamic 'Data Label Alias' would be great.

Was there a 'dynamic' solution available for the previous requester? The USER_MARKER macro would require knowing the exact position of the bar at run time.
Page 1 of 1