Three D Graphics
ProductsOnline StoreProduct SupportMessage BoardDownloadsCompanyContact Us
Financial Analysis ToolsEnterprise Solutions Product Support

Testimonials"
206 posts from 596 users

[ Admin ]   [ Mod ]
@Y Macros
Three D Graphics Forum Index » CRChart Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
DanielleGolay

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: @Y Macros Reply with quote

Hello,

I am new to CR Chart and have been working to get the @Y macros to work in my reports. I have them working and was pretty happy with my results. While doing some tests on the lines that were appearing in my report compared to the data in the database, I noticed that the line that is created is displaying a straight line across my stacked bar chart; however, the data in the database field that I am using for the line actually has two different values for the field in the database.

For example, some of the records require a line at the 70 point, then a few of them require the line at the 80 point and then the rest of them at the 70 point. I expected that the @Y macros would draw a line at the point that is designated for each bar, versus one line at the 70 point for all bars in the chart. Is there anything that I am doing incorrectly or something else that I can do to get my desired result?

Thanks ahead of time for your help,
DGolay
TDGMgr

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The @Y macro only looks at the first value it gets from the CR dataset.
Can you perhaps use a function instead of a field? Or use several @Y macros to plot the situations when you need more than 1 line.

Last edited by TDGMgr on Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:57 am; edited 1 time in total
DanielleGolay

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:28 pm    Post subject: @ Y Macros Reply Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick response.

I am not sure what you mean by using a function instead of a field. Can you give me additional details on what you are thinking there?

With regards to the @Y macro using the first value passed to the CR dataset, I am unsure how using multiple @Y macros will work. Wouldn't the line always be at 70, given I need to keep a required sorting order to my result set? I may be missing something here as well, so feel free to let me know what you were thinking with this one as well.

DGolay
TDGMgr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you give me a call? Probably better than going back and forth on this forum.

(310) 231-3330 x307
Page 1 of 1