Three D Graphics
ProductsOnline StoreProduct SupportMessage BoardDownloadsCompanyContact Us
Financial Analysis ToolsEnterprise Solutions Product Support

Testimonials"
206 posts from 596 users

[ Admin ]   [ Mod ]
Problem with @IS and formulas
Three D Graphics Forum Index » CRChart Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
DebbieSchoenick

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 1:28 pm    Post subject: Problem with @IS and formulas Reply with quote

I'm trying to use @IS (Ignore series) in my line graph and I appear to be having problems. If I explicitly say @IS 3, my series disappears like I want it to. If I say @IS P11, it doesn't seem to work.

My 11th series is a simple formula that checks to see if my data point is outside the current date range of the report. If it is outside the range I return 3 (to ignore series 3),. If it falls within the range I return -1 so all series show.

As soon as I switch the 3 in @IS to P11 I get a chart error. Any ideas?
DebbieSchoenick

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found a work around for my situation. I bypassed using CRChart on this one. Don't know if it will help anyone else since I think I have a unique situation.

I needed to display a bunch of lines on the chart, however it the information for a certain line was outside a certain date range it shouldn't show up. The simple solution would be to null or not return that information. The problem is that another part of the report (the details) needed that data. Removing that row caused blanks to appear else where. I basically modified my SP to return 2 columns with the same data in it. One column is nulled out when we do not want the line to show and the other provides the data for the detail section.
Page 1 of 1