Three D Graphics
ProductsOnline StoreProduct SupportMessage BoardDownloadsCompanyContact Us
Financial Analysis ToolsEnterprise Solutions Product Support

Testimonials"
206 posts from 596 users

[ Admin ]   [ Mod ]
Amigo 2007 - Development Status ?
Three D Graphics Forum Index » CRChart Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Rebecca

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:57 pm    Post subject: Amigo 2007 - Development Status ? Reply with quote

Firstly, my apologies for posing a question regarding Amigo 2007 here, but there isn't a sub-forum dedicated to Amigo. Sad

There are many references to Amigo 2007 on this website, e.g., @ https://threedgraphics.com/tdg/products/consumer/amigo2007/ but sadly the link appears invalid. There is a mention of Amigo 2007 availability in mid-2007 ( http://www.threedgraphics.com/tdg/downloads.php ), however no announcement of this eagarly-awaited product has been made.

I used Amigo 2000 eight years ago and it was absolutely amazing in the beautifully rendered charts that were produced, as it utilised OpenGL - something one could only do in a product such as Cinena 4D, a professional 3D software.

I've searched high and low for a replacement to Amigo 2000 that works with Excel 2007, but there are simply none. Over the last few years a number of .NET charting software have been released, such as ComponentOne Studio, Infragistics NetAdvantage and Dundas Chart, but none have the highly impressive rendering effects that Amigo 2000 had, as they don't utilise the OpenGL library.

In addition, a number of Flash (SWF) graphing programs are available, such as Anychart, but again they lack the rendering capabilities of Amigo 2000.

So was Amigo 2007 ever released ? What are the development plans for a future Amigo product ? Are you currently developing Amigo, or has development halted altogether ?

I'd very much appreciate a response concerning the questions I've raised above.

Thank you in advance.
Page 1 of 1