Three D Graphics
ProductsOnline StoreProduct SupportMessage BoardDownloadsCompanyContact Us
Financial Analysis ToolsEnterprise Solutions Product Support

Testimonials"
206 posts from 595 users

[ Admin ]   [ Mod ]
drawing problems with line chart because of number of points
Three D Graphics Forum Index » CRChart Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
ThomasMarquardt

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:10 am    Post subject: drawing problems with line chart because of number of points Reply with quote

Hi there,

we are searching for a solution for two problems we always got using a line charts in crystal reports.

The first problem comes when using more than about 300 points in the line chart. It stops drawing the line till the end of the x-axis.

The second problem comes with the group labels of the x-axis. There it also stops drawing them when there are to many records. I know the graph tries to group them by a logic, but even then he doesnt draw for example the last label of the x-axis.

I will attach an example for each problem.

My question is if the 3dgraphics dll will give me a solution for those problems.

What i dont wanna do is to delete or ignore records, the graph has to draw every point irrespective of the amount of records (10-10000).

Currently we are solving the problem by placing two line diagram one above the other, the first is drawing the points/line, the second one is drawing the x-axis labels (see examples).

we also got some other issues with pie charts and the legend, there for i will also create some examples and post it in this thread.

Workaround two charts above each other:

last date value missing when grouped by crystal:

line ends before it should end (to many points):

TIA
Thomas
DanWeingart

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:06 am    Post subject: your line chart questions Reply with quote

Hi Thomas,

Could you send me a sample .rpt (saved WITH data) that shows your line chart problem(s) ?

That will allow me to look at the issue in the debugger and see:
a) What is going wrong
b) If any CRChart macros will solve the issues you've mentioned.

Thanks,

Dan Weingart
Author, CRChart
danw@threedgraphics.com
ThomasMarquardt

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dan,

i just send you an email.

tia
Thomas
Page 1 of 1